Riverside Capital has a full time Underwriting Analyst position presently available. We are looking for the selected candidate to join us in our present location in Marlton, NJ however, Riverside Capital will be relocating to Philadelphia, PA by year’s end. The Analyst will support the Underwriting team by reviewing, modeling and analyzing tax credit financed real estate transactions. The Analyst will work with Senior staff to facilitate deal closing and ensure that proposed investments are feasible and align with our customers’ investment criteria.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Financial modeling
- Support senior staff in initial review of transactions
- Assist in preparation of offer letters for potential investments
- Coordinate with internal and external professionals on project specific analysis and reviews, including, but not limited to: real estate development and operating pro formas, tax credit applications, financial statements, construction and environmental reports, market studies, and insurance reviews.
- Organize and track due diligence items, maintain closing checklists, and interact with legal counsel to maintain closing schedule.
- Work with Asset Management, Finance, Acquisitions, Fund Management, and Investor Relations groups as well as developer and investor partners to ensure timely, efficient, and thorough servicing and closing of transactions.
- Prepare investment memoranda and present to internal investment
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of financial modeling, cash flow analysis, and sensitivity analysis utilizing NPV and IRR preferred.
- Experience in real estate private equity and/or LIHTC favored.
Bachelor’s Degree in finance, real estate, economics, accounting, business or math; or equivalent experience in related field.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and other MS Office Suite programs.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and decision-making ability.
- High social and emotional intelligence, desire and willingness to learn and teach.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize in dynamic conditions, and meet challenging deadlines, multi-task.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written skills, and be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and effectively in a variety of media, and project a positive, professional image both internally and with external business contacts.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data in many forms into professional communications.
- Primarily in an office environment, must have flexibility to work extra hours as needed.
- Occasional travel may be requested.
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization.
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility.
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals.
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks.
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help.
To apply for this position, please email using the link below and include your resume and CV.