The selected candidate will use specialized knowledge and skills obtained through training, education, and experience to support the Asset Management team to analyze and evaluate assets for institutional clients. Duties will include investigating and determining the impact of partnerships, financing, as well as real estate issues at the operating partnership level. The Analyst will benefit from working in a collaborative environment with the Acquisition, Fund Management and Investor Relations staff, seeing each investment from project closing to disposition, and will be encourage to actively contribute and generate ideas throughout the life cycle of an asset. This position will be in Marlton, NJ until fall 2019 when Riverside Capital relocates to downtown Philadelphia.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and analysis of construction and lease-up monitoring reports to track construction and lease-up progress. Prepare financial analysis of projections for assets to estimate development budget gaps and tax credit delivery.
- Review and analysis of quarterly and annual financial reports to rack asset performance. Prepare financial analyses and projections for assets to estimate stabilization gaps, ongoing cash flows, and market valuations.
- Analyze and evaluate information to support a number of asset management functions such as release of capital installments, estimates of tax credits and losses, and compliance with partnership agreements.
- Assist with the preparation of written internal and external reports such as operational analyses, watch list write-ups, risk assessments and routine updates.
- Assist with the preparation of internal and external reports such as operational analyses, watch list write-ups, risk assessments and routine updates.
- Assist in the implementation of new asset management database including the timely receipt and integrity of information collected and stored in Riverside database.
- Assist with the creation of reports from the new asset management database including written specifications and pre-production testing.
- Interact with general partners, property managers, accountants and other third parties to ensure timely reporting in compliance with project agreements, and to resolve problems that could jeopardize the long-term viability of the asset.
- Monitor multifamily market trends, with special attention to affordable housing, to gain an understanding trends in the multifamily industry and performance of comparable properties.
- Create, generate, and maintain monthly and quarterly reports from asset database for internal and external use.
- Travel to properties to conduct annual site visits. Prepare written report assessing quality of management company, physical plant, property and equipment, and market assessment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in multifamily real estate, community development, and other related industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, accounting or related field preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify issues, draw logical conclusions, and interpret results for use in decision making with limited oversight.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Knowledge of or experience in low income housing tax credit (LIHTC).
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of financial modeling.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to convey information clearly and effectively through formal and informal documents and project a positive, professional image both internally and external with business contacts.
- Primarily in an office environment with flexibility to work extra hours as needed. Occasional travel may be requested.
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group.
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity.
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization.
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement.
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals.
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks.
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help.
To apply for this position, please email using the link below and include your resume and CV.